Maintenance - Grounds
This is a 244-day, full-time position.
Salary: 244 Mechanics & Maintenance Salary Schedule
Maintenance Personnel are directly responsible to the Maintenance Foreman, performing skilled and unskilled tasks, to maintain school grounds and other related facilities.
- Work with lawn mowers, edgers, trimmers, chain saws, weed eaters, and other tools to accomplish the task as required.
- May work with tractors, bush hogs, backhoes, and other large lawn equipment to accomplish task.
- Perform preventative maintenance as necessary.
- Work with other trades to complete assignments; may work outside of specific trade when needed to accomplish an assignment.
- Document time, materials, and equipment job cost accounting of work performed utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management Program (CMMS).
- May be required to disperse herbicides and other chemicals, after training.
- Must maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Must comply with state law and district policies and regulations, and perform duties in full compliance.
- Perform other such duties as may be required by the Director of Facilities, Maintenance Supervisor, and/or Maintenance Foreman.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to use power tools and common hand tools properly and safely.
- Must know all safety procedures while working on equipment.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions and directions.
- Skilled and highly skilled personnel are required to accomplish all phases of work independently.
- Must be able to work outside normal work hours, when necessary.
- Must have valid State of Georgia driver’s license and be able to drive a County vehicle.
- Must work cooperatively with others.
- Abide by the Georgia Professional Standards Code of Ethics for Educators..
- Ability to be regularly, predictably, and reliably at work.
- Ability to perform tasks involving prolonged periods of stooping, reaching, standing, walking, crawling, and climbing (ladders and lifts).
- Ability to perform routine physical activities such as bending and lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and heavier weights with assistance.
- Repetitive motion is required.
- May be required to use herbicides and other chemicals.
- Noise level of work environment is moderate to loud, and requires exposure to inclement weather conditions, dust, dirt, and confined areas.
- Vision, hearing, written, and verbal communications are essential factors in performing required tasks.