Part-Time Corporation Cook
Posted 2 years ago
Title: Assistant Cook
Selected by: Board of School Trustees by Recommendation of the Superintendent and School Principal
Evaluated by: Child Nutrition Program Building Manager and Building Principal
Reports to: Child Nutrition Program Building Manager and Building Principal
Employment: Student year. Wages and work year to be established by the board.
SUMMARY: To serve the students attractive and nutritious meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, and warmth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the preparation and serving of food in a quick and pleasant manner.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that during meal service periods the supply of food offered is replenished regularly.
- Assists in the daily clean up of the kitchen and service areas.
- Performs major cleaning of refrigerators and storerooms at regularly scheduled intervals as designated by the manager.
- Assumes responsibility for storage and disposal of unused foods.
- Promote good public relations for the School Corporation and community.
- Lead by example by exemplifying good moral conduct.
- Other appropriate duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Knowledge of food preparation and safety
Demonstrates aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED diploma
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondences, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to apply general mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and community, and ability to speak clearly and concisely in written or oral communication.
**Fingernails must be polish-free and artificial fingernails are not permitted in Food Service. You will not be able to work in Food Service with polished or artificial nails.