LTS Special Education Teacher - Secondary Certified
An immediate vacancy exists for a Special Education Teacher for the CCIU's Aspire program and located at West Chester University.
- Minimum of a bachelor level degree in education required.
- Certfied to teach Special Education to secondary students required i.e. K-12 certification.
- Experience working with special education students preferred.
- Experience working with secondary transition students preferred.
- Current police, child abuse & FBI fingerprint clearances.
- Clearance as an MA provider by the Commonwealth of PA and federal government (conducted by CCIU upon hire).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct individuals and groups in subject area.
- Provide specially designed instruction for eligible special education students.
- Plan curriculum and lessons.
- Evaluate and monitor student progress based on classroom performance, test scores, and observation of behavior.
- Support objectives and interventions of the educational program.
- Maintain safe physical environment of the classroom.
- Maintain contact with parents of students and/or professionals concerning student progress.
- When appropriate,develop IEPs addressing specific academic, behavioral, and speech needs of students
- Prepare report cards, educational records, classroom observation records, and other documentation as required. Function as integral member of treatment/IEP team, addressing needs of students.
- $51,181 to $83,466 - Instr. I Cert.
- $53,464 to $86,855 - Instr. II Cert.
- $56,949 to $94,953 - Master's Degree
- $59,472 to $98,737 - Master's +15
- $60,793 to $100,548 - Master's + 30
The Aspire classroom at West Chester University located in West Chester, PA.