The St. Charles Park District is searching for a full time facilities professional to join the team! Don't worry if you don't have all the right certifications... we'll help you get them! If you like to work with your hands, have keen eye for detail work, inspections & projects, and appreciate a four day workweek please keep reading.
The Facility Specialist II must have experience in general maintenance, be able to conduct inspections to evaluate the condition of systems (electrical, plumbing, HVAC and aquatic); perform preventative maintenance (equipment, facilities and systems); basic carpentry, general building repairs and other essential tasks as assigned.
A valid driver's license is required. Experience in all aspects of pool maintenance a plus. Certified or willing to be certified (with employer assistance) with CDL and air brake endorsement within three months; as a Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO) and as a Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) within one year of employment.
Salary, benefits and work schedule
- The minimum annual base compensation for this non-exempt, overtime eligible position is $40,824 (Grade 3)
- Insurance plans include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and AD&D
- Voluntary plans for specialty insurance and retirement
- Pension includes enrollment in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF)
- Paid time off includes 10 paid holidays, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 10 vacation days annually
- Four day workweek (Four, ten hour shifts)
- Employer paid professional development opportunities per Park District policy
- Employee and family discounts for programs and facilities per Park District policy
- Longevity and wellness bonus per Park District policy
- Educational reimbursement program per Park District policy