Supervisor of Student Services
The Springfield City School District is seeking a Student Services Supervisor to administer the district's special education programs. The objectives are to promote close working relationships with parents, students, and staff, and keep the Director of Student Services informed of emerging issues. The goal of the Springfield City Schools Department of Student Services is to raise the achievement of students with disabilities.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A valid Ohio administrative license or certificate appropriate for the assignment
- Expertise in the identification and use of educational options, auxiliary services, and curricular materials that address the educational needs of program participants.
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge about the implementation of a multi-tiered system of support for all students
- Knowledge about the Ohio State Standards, Extended Standards, Functional Behavioral Assessments, Behavior Intervention Plans, and Manifestation Determinations.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develops comprehensive programs for the education of students with disabilities
- Oversees the effective delivery of a continuum of special education services (e.g. student records, behavior therapy, speech/language pathology, physical and occupational therapy, orientation/mobility, visual/hearing, special needs transportation etc.)
- Plans and conducts training for teachers, administrators, and others in regard to special education and at-risk populations
- As set forth in our negotiated agreement, supervisor will work 213 days per year with a possibility of extended days.
- Consults with staff on new and more effective ways of teaching students with disabilities with a focus on low incidence populations
- Ensures compliance with special education programming.
Working conditions may include
- Travel & operating or riding in a vehicle
- Interactions with aggressive, disruptive, and/or unruly individuals.
Supervisors work 223 days per year with a possibility of extended days.
Starting salary is $72,475 and increases based on the experience and education.
Salary details available online at (SASO/SAST) https://www.scsdoh.org/cms/lib/OH02215834/Centricity/Domain/268/SAST.pdf
Benefit information available online at https://www.scsdoh.org/Page/2059 and
***Special Note: $1,600.00 Annual Bonus awarded to the successful candidate!!!