ELA Teacher - Roosevelt Middle School
The Springfield School District is seeking a Middle School Teacher licensed in English Language Arts. This is an opportunity to join an urban school district dedicated to providing a quality education to all students. Our students represent our whole community and we value the racial, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity of our student body. Our academic and extracurricular aim is to ensure academic growth for students with all abilities.
The successful candidate must possess or have applied for a valid Reading licensure issued by the Ohio Department of Education for Middle School 4-9 or High School 7-12.
This candidate will:
- Be knowledgeable in the given subject area and have a sound understanding of the common core standards as well.
- Have the ability to differentiate instruction so as to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintain a classroom learning atmosphere where a high level of achievement occurs daily.
- Hold students accountable for high standards of academics and character, while maintaining open, on-going communication with colleagues, parents, and administrators.
- Develop rigorous instruction that meets the needs of all learners.
- Apply formative and summative assessment strategies appropriately.
- Understand the on-going developmental needs of middle school students.
- Design and/or adapt instruction, assessment, and the educational environment to help meet the needs of all students.
- Be skilled in technology.
The Springfield Education Association and the Board of Education are currently working on a new professional agreement. While that is in the works, please refer to the current agreement as to pay and benefits that are in place for the 2019-20 school year.
As set forth by our negotiated agreement, teachers work 183 days per year.
Starting salary is $37,789.00 with increases for additional education and experience.
Salary details available online (SEA agreement) at https://www.scsdoh.org/cms/lib/OH02215834/Centricity/Domain/268/Final%20SEA%202017-2020%20Contract.pdf
Benefit information available online at https://www.scsdoh.org/Page/2059
***Special note: $1,000.00 Annual Bonus awarded to the successful candidate!!!