SUBSTITUTE AIDES (Classroom/Individual – Special Education)
Substitute Aides are needed district-wide to work on an as-needed basis. Substitute Aides assist in the supervision of classroom activities under the direction, presence and supervision of the certified classroom teacher, principal, or other designated certified personnel.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Under supervision of special education teacher, works with one or a small group of pupils with educational disabilities to reinforce materials and skills;
- Assists with the supervision and facilitation of large group activities;
- Assists with the supervision of students during fire drills, assemblies, play periods, field trips, etc.
- Assists students with physical tasks such as putting and taking off of outerwear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory, diapering, and like tasks, as necessary;
- Physically assists student on and off bus/van; secures car seats/seat belts;
- Carries out classroom and non-classroom responsibilities, as assigned.
- Maintain respect and confidentiality for all students;
- College Degree or related education;
- Criminal history background check;
- TB/Mantoux test;
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status;
- New Jersey residency required.
- To be determined on an as-needed basis
- Classroom Teacher
- No medical benefits
- At-will position; not associated with any collective bargaining association
Equal Opportunity Employer