Substitute Teachers are needed district-wide to work on an as-needed basis. Substitute Teachers provide an approved education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth, often times using lesson plans specifically left by the teacher.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage class time effectively, maximizing student engagement/participation in lesson delivery;
- Utilize flexible grouping practices to meet students’ needs and facilitate active lesson engagement on the part of all learners;
- Fosters an environment of mutual respect and establishes a healthy rapport with and among students;
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Valid NJ Instructional Certificate and Subject Area Endorsement or Substitute Teaching Certificate (which requires 60 college credits);
- Criminal history background check;
- TB/Mantoux test;
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status;
- New Jersey residency required.
- To be determined on an as-needed basis
- School Principal
- $90/day; $45/half day
- No medical benefits
- At-will position; not associated with any collective bargaining association
Equal Opportunity Employer