Special Services Center - School Psychologist
Job | Posted a year ago
- AAAA in clinical or school psychology
- In accordance with Mississippi Code S37-9-17, all personnel employed by the public school system shall be required to pass a criminal background check and a current child abuse registry check.
- A satisfactory employment record.
REPORTS TO Building Principal, Assistant Principal, and or Special Education Director
To assist students, teachers and parents in enabling students to derive the fullest potential educational experience from school by promoting positive self-esteem and resilience, and providing suggested methods and plans for overcoming psychological or mental health problems.
Such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, including but not limited to:
- Identify and assess the learning, development and adjustment characteristics and needs of individuals and groups, as well as the environmental factors that affect learning and adjustment. Use assessment data regarding the student and his/her environment in developing appropriate interventions and programs.
- Provide interventions to students to support the teaching process and to maximize learning and adjustment.
- Assist in the planning, development, and evaluation of programs to meet identified learning and adjustment needs
- Deliver a planned and coordinated program of psychological services.
- Provide consultation to parents, teachers, and other school personnel, and community agencies to enhance the learning and adjustment of students.
- Serve as a district assessment team member by assessing students who are in the special education referral process.
- Participate in Manifestation Determination Reviews at assigned schools.
- Assist in developing re-entry plans for students from out of district placement due to significant behavioral concerns.
- Develop transition plans for students with behavioral or mental health/ medical concerns transferring from one school to another.
- Consult with special education teachers with regard to IEP development and progress monitoring.
- Conduct classroom observations to provide recommendations for teachers and administrators.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Superintendent of Education, Assistant Superintendent of Education, and Director of Special Services.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use of standard office equipment.
Travel to school district buildings, and professional meetings as required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS, WORK HAZARDS
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Checklist of Duties for the Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
205 days annually with salary in accordance with the Administrative Salary Schedule as approved by the Harrison County School District.
Performance of the Teacher will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions in the School Board Policies and Procedures.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
School Board Approval Date:
By signing below the applicant/employee acknowledges reading and understanding the requirements of the Harrison County School District Job Description.
Applicant/Employee Signature: _____________________________________Date: ________________
Supervisor Signature: ____________________________________________Date: __________________
Harrison County School District
16049 Orange Grove Road, Gulfport, MS 39503
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,093
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.14
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 429