Grounds Maintenance Worker (Potential Openings)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Job Title: Grounds Maintenance Worker
Job Type: Auxiliary
Dept./School: Facilities and Construction
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Grounds Foreman
Pay Grade: M-2 $10.57 - $12.59
Grade(s) / Level:
Days/Dates: 260 (08/15/2019- 08/14/2020)
Work is performed under the supervision of the Grounds Foreman, and duties include maintenance of the school district grounds and operating equipment. Performs duties related to cutting, trimming, edging, blowing, and watering of district grounds.
- Have a working knowledge of all skills and equipment needed to maintain grounds
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Valid Texas driver’s license with driving record that meets District requirements
- Have a minimum of 6 months of grounds keeping/gardening experience
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsibilities include cutting, trimming, edging, blowing, and watering of district grounds and athletic fields. Maintenance of beds, shrubs, and trees. Refuse (litter) removal activities.
- Assists in the emergency, daily, and preventative maintenance of all grounds throughout the district.
- Performs daily minor maintenance on all assigned operating equipment.
- Responsible for the safe, proper, and efficient use of all assigned district operating equipment, tools, supplies, and materials.
- Responsible for reporting necessary repairs to assigned vehicles and operating equipment to the supervisor.
- Works harmoniously with all school personnel.
- Is responsible for being punctual in arriving for work and in performing all work in a good workmanship-like manner.
- Is willing to accept supervision.
- Wears and maintains proper safety equipment when handling and/or utilizing chemicals or other hazardous equipment or toxic agents.
- Follows administrative procedures regarding work orders.
- Makes continuous effort for self improvement.
- Conform to all district policies regarding vehicle operation and seat belt policy whether as driver or passenger in a district vehicle. Notify supervisor of any accident or injury in a timely manner
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
Ability to communicate (verbal and written).
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent district wide travel; occasional irregular hours; strenuous walking and standing (up to 8 hours); heavy lifting and carrying; work outside and inside; exposure to hot and cold temperatures; exposure to dust, toxic chemicals, and materials; slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD
1060 Elbel Road, Schertz, TX 78154
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558