Elementary Teacher-Dual Certified
Title: Gateway Teacher
Employment Status: At-Will
Salary: Determined by Teacher Pay Scale approved by the Board of Directors
Gateway Lab School seeks committed, highly effective individuals to join our team of teachers and staff, where everyone is committed to helping each student succeed and reach their individual learning potential. Teachers and staff at Gateway Lab School will ask much of themselves and their students, and will receive ongoing coaching and professional development. Achieving high standards depends on placing passionate, caring teachers in the classroom and dedicated staff throughout the building.
Gateway Lab School is a Delaware public charter school serving students in grades 3-8. Our target population is children who have struggled to achieve academic success the traditional classroom environment. Gateway Lab School is inspired by The Lab School of Washington® and the methodology developed by its founder, the late Sally L. Smith, where “the arts are the gateway to learning.”
Our approach to prepare every student for a lifetime of learning includes: • Research to practice intervention strategies •Experiential, multi-sensory learning incorporated into each classroom •Employing all art forms as central to the educative process, treating the arts as scholarly pursuits •Tailored social skill training and helping each student understand how they best learn •Incorporating technology into all aspects of learning •Challenging and inspiring students as they prepare for high school and beyond.
Reports To: Principal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze student achievement data (DIBELS, Smarter Balance, MAP Assessments, Individual Teacher Assessments) for trends and base classroom instruction on that data;
- Participate in Professional Learning Communities at least once a week and during Professional Development Days;
- Implement the agreed upon curriculum.
- Differentiate plans for individual students based on their unique learning profiles so that all students are engaged and challenged;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Create and maintain a multi-sensory classroom environment to encourage all students to be engaged and work toward meeting the standard;
- Maintain accurate, thorough records of student achievement and behavioral performance;
- Provide activities which allow students to learn about technology and to use it to learn and demonstrate understanding of content;
- Update classroom website weekly and reporting progress on a monthly basis to parents (written or verbal);
- Establish personal classroom procedures and enforcing school wide procedures and rules;
- Participate in the Responsive Classroom program;
- Order teaching materials
- Seek to improve instruction as measured by student results; “If students don’t learn the way I teach, then I must change the way I teach, so that students will learn.”
- Report all education related activities and/or behavioral incidents to the Head of School, Principal, or Dean of Students as needed;
- Complete progress and grade reports promptly, as scheduled using automated systems;
- Comply with policies, regulations and procedures of Gateway Lab School;
- Display a high level of professional conduct and image at all times;
- Participate in extra-curricular activities and /or leadership roles outside the classroom;
- Continue to grow as a professional educator with classes/workshops for professional development in specific areas of interest and /or need;
- Participate in regular coaching and feedback from administrators and peers;
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Education;
- Possess or be eligible for educator licensure and /or certification in Delaware. Preferred certification in special education as well as elementary education or subject specific focus;
- Mastery of the necessary content knowledge and skills to successfully teach assigned content area(s) and grade level(s) and deliver exceptional standards-based instruction that ensures academic growth for all students;
- Ability to analyze student achievement data (DIBELS, Smarter Balance, MAP Assessments, Individual Teacher Assessments) for trends and base classroom instruction on that data;
- Proficiency in or willingness to learn automated student information systems for progress and grade reporting and class work documentation;
- Ability to integrate technology into instructional delivery ;
- Exceptional classroom management, organization, and planning skills;
- Creativity and the ability to "think out of the box" and engage students in positive learning experience;
- Outstanding ability to motivate and build relationships with students and parents to promote student achievement and strengthen community partnerships;
- Demonstrate a commendable history of effective leadership, extra-curricular participation, an acceptable attendance record, and exemplary performance.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Gateway Lab School offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with anticipated duties and prior experience. All full time Gateway Lab School staff members are eligible to participate in the school’s excellent benefits program.
Interested Candidates should complete our teacher application located under Employment Opportunities on our website at www.gatewaylabschool.org, and email the application along with a letter of interest to Pamela Draper, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gateway Lab School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a continuing policy of non-discrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Similarly, it is our policy and practice to make hiring decisions based solely upon an applicant’s qualifications for the position(s) for which he/she has applied. Please inform the Human Resources Department if you require reasonable accommodation to the application or interview.