P/T Cafeteria Worker - Child & Career Development Center (3)
At the present time, three (3) vacancies for part-time Cafeteria Workers exist within the division of Administrative Services of the Chester County Intermediate Unit. These positions are located at the Child and Career Development Center in Coatesville, PA.
- High school diploma
- Experience with School Lunch Program, catering, HACCP and food safety program, and Food Manager's Certification for Chester County Health Department preferred
- Current police, child abuse & FBI Fingerprint clearances required (conducted by the CCIU upon hire)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation and serving of quantity and quality food and observe all methods of portion control in both preparation and serving; record on production sheet.
- Participate with cooking and baking of food in ovens, steamers, on stoves and in microwaves.
- Assist with vending, catering, cafeteria and Head Start.
- Follow HACCP (Food Safety Plan) procedures, maintain sanitary conditions and complete necessary recording of all temperatures, etc.
- Operate a point of sale (P.O.S.) computerized screen as per School Lunch Program guidelines, count money, complete deposit slips and associated paperwork.
- Responsible for limited food purchasing. Follow proper procedures for receiving and storing all food and supplies.
- Able to lift between 20 to 35 lbs consistently on a daily basis and up to 40 lbs occasionally.
Child and Career Development Center
1525 Lincoln Hwy, Coatesville, PA 19320
8 AM - 1 PM (1 position) and 8:15 AM - 1:15 PM (2 positions)
Monday - Friday, 180 days per year
- $11.21 to $12.54 an hour; 5 hours per day
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.