Special Education - Blind Visually Impaired Teacher (Part-Time)
Must hold a certificate issued by Minnesota Department of Education.
The certificate must be in Special Ed Blind or Visually Impaired Birth- 12.
The certificate must be in one of the following grades: Infants/Toddlers, Preschool/Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th.
The certificate status must be active or about to graduate from a state-approved teacher preparation program.
Position Title: Blind Visually Impaired (BVI) Teacher, Part-Time (Between .2 and .4FTE)
Assignment Location: Various Mid-State Education District member district schools (Onamia, Pierz, Royalton, Swanville, Upsala)
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2019
Contract Length: 2020-2021 School year, continuing contract
Salary: Dependent upon education and experience
- Provide direct and consultative education services to students with visual impairments in home, general and special education settings in local district schools, birth through age 21.
- Conduct vision assessments and develop and implement individual educational plans (IEPs) in accordance with due process and district practice and child study procedures.
- Work cooperatively with local district educational teams to develop and implement student’s educational programs.
- Comply with Board policies and administrative practices, including procedures outlined in the Mid-State Education District handbook.
- Minnesota Department of Education Blind/Visually Impaired Teaching License
- Proficiency in Braille helpful
- Experience teaching blind and visually impaired learners birth to 21 in a variety of educational settings.
- Skills at conducting evaluations and developing IEPs, and communicating with parents and interdisciplinary team members.
- Skills in communicating with parents and interdisciplinary team members.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide travel for self between locations.
Application Procedure: Can be completed at http://www.midstate.k12.mn.us/page/2699
Mid-State Education District’s Website: http://www.midstate.k12.mn.us
Posting deadline: Open until filled
Mid-State Education District complies with all state and federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or disability. This holds true for all district employment and opportunities.