Job Summary: Certificated Substitutes are on-call, as needed to fill in for teachers who are absent for various reasons. Work is performed under the direction of the building administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize teacher plans that teachers provideQualifications:
- Possess a current Washington State teaching certificate
- Demonstrate the ability in classroom management
- Demonstrate successful recent experience working with students
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively
- Successful experience working with youth
- Successful experience working with diverse populations
- Familiarity with a wide variety of teaching techniques which are used to maximize student learning
- Ability to work cooperatively with students and their parents who are culturally, racially, and linguistically diverse
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment in a program focused on improving student learning
- Ability to work in a semi-open or self-contained classroom
- Ability to work with an educational team including directing the work of paraeducators
Such alternatives to the above requirements and desirable qualifications may be made as the district finds appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize teacher plans that teachers provide
- Be able to accept positions with little notice
- Be willing to work at any building and within any grade level, content, or program depending on need
- Teaches assigned content with a high degree of skill which may include an assignment to a combination grade-level classroom
- Delivers instruction using the prescribed curriculum and provides for individual differences
- Integrates technology into learning
- Works as an enthusiastic part of a learning-centered environment believing that each student can learn
- Maintains effective, positive classroom management
- Provides a safe environment and handles discipline in a positive manner
- Works and plans cooperatively and collaboratively
- Treats co-workers, supervisors, students, parents and others with dignity and respect at all times
- Serves as a positive role model for students, and practices the behaviors that are expected of our students
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance and hours of operation as set by the assigned building/location to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position to achieve program requirements
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work output of other people.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.