Bus Drivers - One route/day
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Bus drivers only working one route per day work only the morning or only the afternoon routes.
Rate of Pay and Job Description:
- This position is a LEVEL 5 position on the Transportation hourly rate schedule. Pay is determined by years of applicable, paid experience: $14.75 - $19.25.
- Hourly rate schedules for each of our 14 classified groups, as well as linked job descriptions are posted on this document.
- All job descriptions for the district are also posted on our Job Description Index.
Effective January 2020, any CDL drivers hired for transporting students will now have a full FMCSA Clearinghouse Drug and Alcohol check as part of their new employment screening process, with annual limited checks throughout their time of employment. Drivers hired after January 6, 2020 are required to have a registered account with the FMCSA Clearinghouse website, so a full query can be obtained during the new hire screening process. This is a federal requirement, not exclusive to Derby Schools. See the CDL Driver Registration document to get a head-start on your Clearinghouse account setup.
General Benefit Information -
- Positions (or a combination of two positions) working more than 20 hours per week are considered full-time and will qualify for full benefits including health insurance, supplemental insurance options, medical and dependent flex spending accounts, and paid, accumulated sick leave.
- Eligible for 11-13 paid holidays depending on number of months on your regular schedule
- Eligible for a free DRC membership for the employee
- A $10,000 or $5,000 life insurance policy paid for by the district depending on full or part-time status
- Positions working 12 months out of the year also accumulate paid vacation leave
- See more information about district benefits through the Payroll and Benefits webpage
Derby Public Schools USD 260
120 E Washington , Derby, KS 67037
At the following locations
120 North Westview , Derby, KS 67037
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,231
% ELL Students
State Average: 11%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 231