Sec. Computer Science/Math - Learning Facilitator at Evolutions
(Contingent upon funding) - CBH position - full-time permanent teaching position beginning at the start of the 2019/20 school year.
Resume and cover letter required.
Evolutions High School Mission
Our mission is to provide all students with a personalized curriculum within a safe and nurturing learning environment to fully prepare them for college and career. We will achieve this by embracing blended learning, 1:1 mentoring, collaborative content project time, and strong family relationships. Evolutions staff will support the social emotional needs of all students through a restorative practices framework that empowers students to use a growth mindset to evaluate their overall success.
Evolutions High School Vision
All students will develop 21st century skills needed to become self-directed, reflective, and college ready learners by developing strong mentor relationships, embodying habits of success, and exploring their intellectual curiosities through a rigorous, nurturing, and mastery based education.
Evolutions High School Pillars are centered around restorative practices and personalized, mastery based learning. We focus on repairing harm through building strong relationships with students and supporting them as they build social-emotional capacity. In classrooms we provide students with targeted, data driven instruction and support them as they develop skills that they can use across contents, in college, and in career.
Evolutions High School Stuck Point
Data collected from walkthroughs show that most of our students do not have enough opportunities to purposefully work collaboratively in data-driven groups and therefore still rely on the teacher for their learning, rather than being self-directed.
NOTE: There are additional application requirements for all positions at Evolutions High School. Detailed information can be found through this link: bit.ly/evointerview
Roles & Responsibilities
Evolutions High School: To jumpstart the school’s launch, faculty will participate in 3 days of summer planning (contingent upon funding). These summer planning days will offer an essential opportunity for staff to be involved in supporting the school’s culture and instructional program.
Because roles in small, innovative schools are complex and require tremendous individual and collective effort, applicants must demonstrate experience and/or willingness to commit to the school’s mission and become involved in these essential aspects:
- Implement the Summit Curriculum and Summit grading process
- Serve as a mentor to a group of students, including maintaining ongoing communication with parents/guardians and supporting students with goal-setting around academic, social and emotional achievement and growth.
- Use data to group students daily based on learning needs to deliver 1:1 and targeted, small group instruction.
- Facilitate independent learning by students through use of online, mastery-based learning programs.
- Participate in professional development such as instructional rounds, teacher common planning time, and our professional learning community.
- Commit to learning, growing, and teaching in a school with a focus on personalized, mastery-based learning.
- Work within the confines of the PPSD calendar.
- Promote opportunities for student voice and choice.
- Work carefully and thoughtfully to prepare students for transitions into high school and past graduation (college and career).
- Support students with their pathway endorsement through incorporating real world connections into their learning, developing/endorsing partnerships with outside organizations, and developing in-school work based learning opportunities.
- Instruct students in academic subject matter as well as social, emotional, and behavioral skill areas.
- Create a safe and supportive learning environment with routines and structures that align with school’s values and promote a school atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of all students.
- Monitor and evaluate student achievement data on a daily basis to guide instructional planning that supports targeted, small group instruction.
- Maintain appropriate records and follow all required procedures and practices.
- Supervise students in a range of settings; protect and promote the safety and well-being of students, colleagues, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Communicate and interact effectively, appropriately and professionally with students, colleagues, parents and the community.
- Continuously develop and improve teaching practice and support colleagues in their development.
- Support the Principal, building leadership team, and district leadership team.
Additionally, school faculty shall participate in:
- at least two hours a week of posted after school office hours for students (scheduled at faculty convenience within a range of options)
- weekly school-wide and departmental Common Planning Time meetings with school leader and colleagues
- at least four hours of additional team planning or professional development outside of school day per month (in addition to Common Planning Time)
- at least 15 hours of personalized professional development during the school year
- student-led conferences with each student and his/her family during each semester
- the development of individual/small group lesson plans based on student’s needs and interests
Highly encouraged activities include:
- Participation and/or supervision of special events, including athletic programs, dances, family nights, open houses, student recruitment meetings, after school clubs, etc.
Salary Rate Range
Teacher Salary Scale + Grant-stipend for 3 day summer planning institute and 5 days of Summit Training (Contingent upon funding)
- Fully-certified as described in "RIDE requirements" by August 30, 2019 or willingness to become fully certified including on an emergency basis if necessary (fully-certified strongly preferred). Dual certification and/or Secondary Grades English as a Second Language endorsement preferred.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, a student-centered perspective, and the ability to effectively cope with change quickly as the school continuously innovates and changes in order to improve.
- Applicants should be hard workers dedicated to youth growth and development, maintain a willingness to embrace and initiate constant learning, and demonstrate an “all hands on deck” attitude to do whatever it takes to accelerate student achievement regardless of role.
- Belief that all students can succeed and be willing to provide a rigorous, personalized learning experience that cultivates students’ growth mindset.
- Highly motivated to practice effective collaboration skills with diverse groups.
- Ability to be a warm, caring team player.
- Ability to quickly analyze student learning data to continuously adjust instruction and flexible groupings.
- Experience in successfully facilitating positive youth development or integration of social-emotional learning in a secondary setting.
- Comfortable working in innovative setting, willing to test new ideas and adapt well to change.
- Ability to use technology in creative ways and willing to take initiative to adapt technology to promote student learning in innovative ways.
- Familiarity with communication, presentation, and data management tools and applications in desktop, web-based, and mobile environments
- Willingness and ability to model information, communication, technology, and media literacy for students, colleagues, parents, and community
- Willingness and ability to continuously learn, develop and evolve new skills and support colleagues in the development of their skills in all Microsoft Office and Google applications as well as relevant web applications (e.g., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Google Apps, Skyward, and online curricula/software)
- Communicating student achievement data with students, parents, and families through an online platform.
- EL Certified and/or Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Must uploaded in PATS profile
- The Interview Process Outline can be found here: bit.ly/evointerview
- Updated Resume
- Cover letter that includes acknowledgment of the candidate’s commitment to the conditions of the position and a detailed description of how the candidate meets the job qualifications