Special Education Teacher - Early Childhood Spec Education, Autism preschool
Special Education Teacher – Early Childhood Special Education, Autism preschool and KN-5
Early Childhood Special Education teacher/Autistic Support Teacher position for the Richardson Park Learning Center/Early Years Program for summer program.
Dates: 6/24/2019 – 8/1/2019 (Monday through Thursday)
The teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an instructional program for students identified with an autism spectrum disorder or other educational classification that will help student achieve their maximum potential.
- Maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and an atmosphere that promotes student learning.
- Keep accurate records as required by district directive and State/Federal regulations.
- Support colleagues in differentiating instruction to meet the learning needs of assigned students.
- Serve as an integral part of the IEP team.
- Provides differentiated instruction based on the student individual level of functioning and preferred learning modalities in accordance with the student’s IEP.
- Develops and implements a classroom management system which teaches clear and concise classroom routines, procedures and expectations. Use of classroom and individual visual schedules.
- Use of PECS and individualized communication systems.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to implement positive behavior supports for challenging behaviors. Implement Behavior Support Plans with fidelity.
- Collects and interprets data and utilized to modify instruction, content and to report progress to IEP members including parents and school district.
- Work with support team to support individual needs of students.
Eligible for State of Delaware certification as an Early Childhood Special education teacher, and/or Special Education Teacher certified in Autism.
DEASD Teacher of Students with Autism or Severe Disabilities
DEECSE Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
DEEXSE Exceptional Children Special Education Teacher
DESED Special Education Director