Full Time Infant/Toddler Specialist
Reports to: Birth to Three Coordinator
This position is responsible for providing high quality comprehensive services to children and families enrolled in Bensenville School District 2’s Birth to Three Home Visit Program.
Home Visitors provide intensive case management support to at-risk families, emphasizing the importance of the parent/child connection and the impact on social/emotional health and academic success.
1. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide year-round home visiting services to 15 to 20 families, two to three times per month.
- Select, develop and prepare appropriate instructional material using the BabyTALK curriculum.Applicant will attend a 4 day BabyTALK training.
- Conduct developmental screenings and assessments.
- Connect families to community resources as indicated by their Family Needs Assessment and ongoing interaction with families.
- Assist in the recruiting process through the attendance of outreach events occurring at numerous times and locations throughout the school year.
- Assists in other district wide initiatives that reflect the needs of B-3 families such as the BackPack program, resource and referral, and data collection.
- Attends and informs the direction of the Bensenville Early Learning Supporters Collaborative.
- Track, develop and report on outcomes in the IFSP.
2. Required Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in social work, education, psychology or other social service degree.
- Must have the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Experience working with economically disadvantaged children and families.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish.
- Computer literacy
- Valid Driver's License
- This is a grant-supported position through Prevention Initiative funding. Subsequent years is to be determined.
- Pay amount to be determined
- Fringe benefits include dental, health, and life insurance coverage
- IMRF benefits
4. Physical Demands:
a. Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands, and reaching.
b. Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
c. May be required to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 20 pounds
* This is not a union position nor is it a part of the collective bargaining agreement. TRS is not included