MS Specialized Instruction and Services Collaborative Teacher
Esek Hopkins MS
Contingent upon funding
(Contingent upon funding) - CBH position - full-time permanent teaching position beginning at the start of the 2019/20 school year.
Resume and cover letter required.
Under the direct supervision of the building administrator with the support of the Executive Director of Specialized Instruction and Services, the Specialized Instruction and Services Collaborative Teacher will provide job-embedded support to their general education and special education colleagues in the implementation of all strategies. Job-embedded support can include, but is not limited to, job-embedded coaching, co-teaching, modeling, and collaborative planning. The primary focus of this role is to build capacity within the special education certified staff and general education teachers who have students with disabilities on their roster to ensure that the appropriate instructional accommodations are implemented in order to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
In addition, the Middle School Specialized Instruction and Services Collaborative Teacher will case manage students and perform duties ensuring full compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to analyze data to inform instruction
- Ability to design and deliver instruction utilizing research-based teaching practices
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and effectively lead teams of teachers in making accommodations for students with disabilities
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of all state and locally mandated assessments
- Input into the student information system (SIS) included but not limited to appropriate accommodations for local and state assessments, data for IEPs, CDPs, alternate assessment and caseload assignments.
- Be knowledgeable of current teaching methodologies, strategies and research for implementation of language development supports
- Provide assistance to colleagues in making the CCSS and the Next Generation Science Standards accessible to students with disabilities at their current grade levels
- Assist colleagues in planning and implementing instruction, accessing to the core curriculum, and supporting academic competence
- Provide direct assistance to colleagues through lesson demonstration, observation, constructive feedback, and coaching
- Ensure the effective and equitable integration of students with disabilities in the general education setting
- Review and finaliz
epaperwork in accordance with IDEA and state regulations for the department
- Follow through on school and department commitments in a timely manner
- Serve as a member of the Transition Advisory Council
- Maintain schedules, timelines, agendas, and assignments for all special educators and service providers
- Conduct educational evaluations and formal observations for eligibility determinations
- Facilitate meetings for special educators at both school and district level
- Maintain, organize and share data and information as appropriate
- Maintain grades as appropriate
- Perform all other duties as assigned by school and district administrators.
Salary Rate Range
Teacher Salary Scale + Up to 5 extra days
Elem. Sp. Ed. 1-6 and Elem. 1-6 or Elem./Mid. Sp. Ed. K-8 or Sec. Grades Sp. Ed. Teacher, Gr. 7-12 with Any Sec. Content or Mid./Sec. Sp. Ed. 7-12