Job | Posted a year ago
Certified Classroom Teacher
JOB GOAL: Under general supervision serves as classroom teacher or a combination thereof and creates a flexible program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student's ability. Instructs children in standards based learning activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth.
- Current Arizona teaching certificate or license authorizing service in grade levels and areas assigned
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, from an accredited institution
- Student teaching internship or teaching experience preferred
- Above-average recommendations from student teaching supervisors and/or other professional recommendations
- Demonstrate skills with the use of current technology and equipment
- Ability to establish and maintain positive collaborative working relationships with students, families, staff, administration and the community
- Superb oral and written communication skills
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Actively supports the school and district’s shared vision, mission and common goals.
- Plans and aligns instructional lessons as prescribed by the state standards and District approved curriculum with fidelity.
- Analyzes data to plan instruction that addresses whole and small group, as well as individual student needs.
- Uses and develops research based instructional materials and strategies to meet the wide range of diverse student population.
- Knowledgably, skilled and possess a willingness to incorporate the use of technology within the curriculum to enhance student learning.
- Works collaboratively with his/her grade level team to effectively plan for student learning.
- Monitors and advocates for all students’ academic and social development needs by seeking professional staff members expertise and guidance.
- Evaluates and maintains student progress by maintaining current and on-going accurate records.
- Establishes and maintains effective routines and procedures to maximize instructional time.
- Conveys high expectations for learning to motivate students to perform at his/her fullest potential.
- Creates an academic rich environment that coveys high expectations and fosters student learning.
- Facilitates polite and respectful teacher to student interactions.
- Uses a variety of communication means and strategies to regularly communicate with families regarding individual student learning and progress.
- Makes provisions for being available for district scheduled parent teacher conferences, as well as other related purposes outside the instructional day to discuss individual student learning and progress.
- Shares responsibility to provide adequate supervision of all students before, during and end of the school day in all areas of the school.
- Actively participates in required school and district professional development as scheduled.
- Collaborates and cooperates with site administration to adhere to the district approved evaluation system and guidelines.
- Actively seeks opportunities to participate and/or accept leadership roles within the school and district.
- Positively contributes to the improvement efforts within the school.
- Maintains high levels of professionalism in dealing with students, families, colleagues, administration and the community at all times.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of unplanned variables in situations where only limited direction/procedures exist.
- Maintains high attendance rate
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full time employment
SALARY: Salary schedule approved by the Governing Board
OPENING/CLOSING: Open until filled and contingent upon available funds
Isaac School District
3348 W. MCDOWELL RD , PHOENIX, AZ 85009
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143