Substitute Bus Monitor- STUDENT
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 16 years of age.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Area Coordinator and Bus Driver
JOB GOAL: Assist school bus driver in maintaining discipline while bus is in operation; maintain proper records and documentation; assist student loading, unloading and seating arrangements as required.
1. Assist the bus driver in maintaining discipline on school bus; monitor and assist students while bus is in operation.
2. Consult with and assist bus driver in documentation of student information, record-keeping and completing route surveys.
3. Assist driver in assuring seat belts, harnesses and wheel chair clamps are secured as required.
4. Assist parents and school personnel with safe loading and unloading of students; coordinate seating of pre-kindergarten students as required by State Transportation Guidelines.
5. Communicate with classroom aides, teachers, principals, and parents concerning student background, medical problems and behavior as appropriate.
6. Attend in-service meetings and training courses as assigned.
7. Operate equipment, including wheelchairs, tie-downs, seat belts, harnesses, mechanical lift and other adaptive equipment as necessary.
8. Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Maintain proper records and documentation
- Assist student loading, unloading and seating arrangements as required
- Understand and relate to children with special needs
- Maintain current knowledge of Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Maintain routine records
- Observe health and safety regulation
- Operate mechanical life, wheel chairs, seat belts, restraining harnesses and wheelchair clamping devices
- Learn safe practices concerning school bus transportation
- Recognize problems and concerns of students with special needs
- Understand basic record-keeping techniques
- Understand applicable sections of the Kentucky Administration Regulations and other applicable laws