Assistant Cheerleading Coach
The following coaching vacancy exists for the 2020–2021 School Year: Cheerleading Assistant Coach
Burlington Township High School is searching for an experienced assistant cheerleading coach. Must have experience coaching at a high school level or beyond, and have or be willing to obtain safety certifications. Must show knowledge of current cheer stunts, dances, and cheers.
Must be able to assist with the continued development and maintainence of a high-quality competitive cheer program that promotes school spirit. Will support each participating student in achieving a higher level of skill, an enhanced appreciation for the values of discipline and teamwork, and an increased level of self-esteem.
Other essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Assisting with planning, organizing, and directing the cheer program.
2. Assisting with tryouts for the cheer program; informs administration and participants of final selections, while maintaining the integrity of the selection process.
3. Continuing to foster an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
4. Assessing skills and assigns team positions.
5. Assisting with scheduling and conducting practices throughout the year.
6. Providing supervision of athletes at all times and maintains security of gym and equipment area.
7. Teaching the fundamentals of cheer in a manner that provides opportunities for all athletes to learn and improve.
8. Teaching precautions and procedures to ensure staff/student safety and help students prevent injuries. Promptly documents all injuries.
9. Coaching individual participants, small groups, and the squad, as appropriate, in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport.
10. Evaluating individual and team performances. Develops and refines team routines.
13. Modeling good sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards cheerleaders, officials, and spectators.
14. Planing, organizing, and directing the development of off-season activities (e.g., summer training, clinics, etc.)
Qualifications: Previous coaching experience preferred. Bachelor's degree.Certs: Adult CPR w/ AED, Fundamental of Coaching Principles, Sports First Aid.