Substitute STUDENT Daycare Worker
MUST BE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT at Shelby County High School or Martha Layne Collins High School
REPORTS TO: Daycare Director
JOB GOAL: To provide, safe, and orderly supervision and guidance in an enjoyable environment for children participating in the Daycare Program at the elementary school level.
REQUIREMENTS: All staff must pass a criminal background check, have an updated TB test (every two years), and meet annual state requirements for certification and training. It is desirable that all staff attend CPR and First Aid training within the first three months of employment.
1. Supervise all the children of the program in a manner that promotes a safe and healthy atmosphere for all.
2. Follow the State and Center requirements regarding the Center’s operations and goals.
3. Communicate effectively with program parents on operational procedures, discipline processes, and daily communication needs.
4. Advise and update Daycare Director on the program’s daily operational procedures, discipline processes, and daily communication needs.
5. Maintain a daily attendance record on the day of supervision.
6. Serve children in the program a daily snack.
7. Supervise and assist children during homework time by providing a quiet place to study, proper equipment, and guidance as needed.
8. Supervise all children in the program while they are engaged in free time or program activities.
9. Provide and assist with all equipment, games and toys. Make sure that all materials are properly treated and returned to the appropriate space at the end of the day.
10. Initiate proper discipline procedures in accordance with the School-Wide Management Plan as necessary and maintain an up to date discipline log for all such actions taken.
11. Properly supervise the daily sign- in and sign-out procedures and ensuring that all special instructions by parents are followed.
12. Maintain and update a daily time sheet, document training received, and personal records.
13. If it is necessary to be absent, please notify one of the Directors so that they may engage an appropriate substitute.
14. Collect and record money received for services and deliver money to bookkeeper.
15. Secure all property and building when leaving school premises.
16. Assist Daycare Director and perform other duties as assigned by Director or District Daycare Manager.