Dallas: Food Service Worker
Prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Food Service Manager.
Food Preparation and Serving:
- Prepares quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes.
- Serves food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Practices and promotes portion control and proper use of leftovers.
- Supervises storage and handling of food items and supplies.
- Maintains a clean and organized storage area.
- Operates tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Follows established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Keeps garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Corrects unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains personal appearance and hygiene.
- Assists with cashier functions including scanning meals and receiving/recording money.
- Helps record food requisitions and orders necessary supplies.
- Helps maintain daily food preparation records.
- Attends summer workshops as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with the Summer Feeding School Program as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with the Afternoon Snack Program as assigned by supervisor.
- Promotes teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand food preparation and safety instructions.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures.
- Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations.
- Ability to use large and small kitchen equipment and tools, including sharp cutting tools, oven, warmer, and utility cart.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continually stand, walk, push and pull, and regularly reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally engage in moderate lifting and carrying; and moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year of consistent food service experience may be substituted for diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in food preparation is preferred.