Dallas: Middle School Teacher with ESL
Under the guidance and supervision of the Principal, the classroom teacher is responsible for developing and delivering academic instruction and a classroom climate that are consistent with district policy and philosophy and that maximize student potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Principal or Vice Principal.
- Implements appropriate research-based instructional strategies to promote student achievement.
- Delivers instructional activities that are differentiated according to student knowledge, learning style, and individual need.
- Designs and submits engaging, differentiated, and standards-based lesson plans according to district guidelines.
- Implements district curriculum as articulated in curriculum documents (scope-and sequence, unit plans, etc.).
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to maximizing learning.
- Develops and implements classroom rules and procedures that teach and reinforce appropriate social behavior.
- Plans and prepares effective instructional activities, materials, learning centers, and assessments as needed.
- On-site regular attendance.
- Provides whole group, small group, and/or one to one instruction.
- Provides small group and/or one to one tutoring as needed.
- Manages student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct, the student handbook, and campus policies and procedures.
- Collaborates extensively with support teachers and aides (ESL, SpEd, TAG, and RTI) to develop and deliver appropriate and effective educational activities and services to students who are at-risk or have special needs.
- Collaborates extensively with team, department, and other faculty and staff to ensure consistency of instructional delivery, classroom management, and campus procedures.
- Monitors students in various settings (classroom, drop off, pick up) as assigned by campus administration.
- Maintains data-based documentation of continuous monitoring of student performance and progress during interventions.
- Maintains a professional relationship with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Participates in staff development activities to improve job related skills.
- Creates authentic, standards-based assessments designed to accurately demonstrate student mastery of academic content.
- Provides timely and supportive feedback on student assignments/performance that promotes student achievement.
- Maintains accurate documentation of student grades, behavior, and other indicators of student development as required by administration, and regularly communicates this information to all stakeholders.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality of student information.
- Understands and complies with all district policies, procedures, and expectations, as articulated in the Faculty handbook or as communicated by administration.
- Participates in extracurricular activities, district/school committees, and other opportunities to develop a positive school community.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned by the Principal, Vice Principal, and Chief Academic Officer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of constituents or employees of organization.
- Ability and/or willingness to learn to use and understand Microsoft Office for spreadsheets, letters and other written communication in order to effectively communicate information with employees, administration and the Board.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university.
- *Must meet Highly Qualified status.
- Valid Texas teacher certification in respective content and grade level.
- ESL certification is required