School Bus Driver
Posted 3 months ago
About the DistrictEdmonds School District is committed to workplace diversity and aims to attract and retain employees with the right skills, knowledge, and life experiences to meet the needs of each vacancy. We encourage individuals of different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives to apply and seek those who actively embrace our equity-focused direction for the future. Whether you’re working in a classroom, driving a school bus, preparing lunches, or supporting one of the many operational and administrative functions, our goal is to create socially, emotionally and intellectually safe learning environments for each student, every day!
About the Position
We are currently hiring School Bus Drivers. Part-time and substitute positions are available. No experience required. All training, lasting approximately 4 to 7 weeks, will be provided at minimum wage. Enjoy working Monday-Friday with holidays and school breaks off. This is challenging, exciting, and rewarding work serving a diverse population of students in the areas of Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Brier, Mountlake Terrace. Apply online today and join our team!
- Be on-call for routes, starting as early as 5:00 a.m. (Hours vary greatly according to the assignment.)
- Safely transport students to/from school and on field trips.
- Drive large and small school buses with automatic transmission.
- Read maps and follow directions/run sheets for routes.
- Successful student behavior management.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections.
- Assist students in the loading and unloading process.
- Clean and maintain school buses and fuel buses as required.
- Maintain composure under pressure.
- Update daily paperwork/records.
- At least 21 years old.
- Valid Washington State driver's license.
- Good driving record.
- Pass a background/fingerprint check; subject to random drug tests after hire.
- Skills in written and verbal communication.
- Willing to obtain a Commercial Driver's License - all necessary training will be provided by the School District.
2020-2021 Salary Schedule: $27.43 per hour.
Questions? Please call the Transportation Department at (425) 431-1423 or (425) 431-1406.
This position, by itself, will not qualify for benefits provided by the School Employee Benefits Board (SEBB).
How to Apply
Apply online. Complete all steps in the application process so that we may fully consider you. We will give time and care to review your materials. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted directly.
Edmonds School District does not discriminate in any program or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed religion, color, national origin, age veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
- Title IX Coordinator: Debby Carter, Executive Director of Human Resources, 20420 68th Avenue W., Lynnwood, WA 98036, 425-431-7020, email@example.com
- Section 504 Coordinator: Dana Geaslen, Executive Director of Student Services, 20420 68th Avenue W., Lynnwood, WA 98036, 425-431-7047, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Civil Rights Compliance and ADA Coordinator: Debby Carter, Executive Director of Human Resources, 20420 68th Avenue W., Lynnwood, WA 98036, 425-431-7023, email@example.com