- High School diploma or high school equivalent
- Valid South Carolina Driver's License
- Supervisory references preferred
- Positive employment history preferred
- SLED/criminal background review required
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Salary: $10.71 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: "At-will" Employee
- Performs a variety of custodial activities to maintain cleanliness of school facilities and grounds
- Performs related activities such as moving furniture, collecting trash, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Maintains grounds and landscape as required; operates a lawnmower, blower, weedeater, etc. in the performance of these duties
- Moves furniture as needed; reports necessary repairs to immediate supervisor
- Cleans indoor areas that involve such duties as sweeping, mopping, and waxing floors, clearing tables, vacuuming, cleaning carpet, cleaning restrooms, etc.
- Requisition supplies and materials as needed to perform duties
- Maintains parking lots, which involve such duties as removing debris, etc.
- Interacts with faculty/staff, students and the general public
- Operates maintenance equipment such as buffers, vacuums, etc.; utilizes various cleaning supplies, hand tools, and cleaning agents
- Must be able to read, write, and follow oral written instructions.
- Must be able to perform manual work requiring some physical strength and agility including the ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Perform other related duties as required
A complete application packet must be submitted through the online application system prior to the closing date in order to be considered for this position. ALL of the following requirements must be submitted before the posted deadline:
1. Classified Employment Application
2. Three (3) Classified Employment References (Included in Application)
3. Copy of High School Diploma/Transcript or High School Equivalent
4. Copy of Driver's License
5. Copy of Social Security Card
6. Copy of 10 year Driving Record issued from SCDMV
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the applicant to insure that all required application documents are submitted prior to the posted deadline. An incomplete application will render the applicant ineligible.
For DCSD Employees: In addition to the application packet, a “Request to Interview for Transfer” form must be submitted for approval (available on the website, in the schools, and at Department of Human Resources).
The District reserves the right at any time to extend the deadline without notice and without final consideration of any pending application.