Announcement of Vacancy 2019-2020 School Year
Athletic Director - Sycamore High School
Sycamore Community Schools
The District is seeking a strong leader who possesses the following qualifications and can successfully:
- Achieve excellence in leading and managing a comprehensive interscholastic athletic program.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current issues in secondary education and interscholastic athletics.
- Commit to personal and programmatic integrity, rules compliance, sportsmanship, student-athletes’ academic achievement, and equal opportunity and gender equity in interscholastic athletics.
- Maintain a high level of visibility and accessibility.
- Ability and desire to build a positive rapport and collaborate with students, parents, administrators, staff, alumni, and community members.
- High level of organizational ability with proven managerial and leadership skills, including the ability to recruit and develop outstanding coaches.
- Strong leadership, management and team-building skills. Ability to establish a clear and understandable vision for athletics and a commitment to execute the strategic goals and vision.
- Successful experience managing a complex organization and leading a diverse team dedicated to organizational goals and high performance with the utilization of an evaluation instrument to improve the overall student athlete experience.
- High levels of organizational ability, written and oral communication, negotiation and persuasion skills, professionalism and integrity.
- Understanding of public relations principles and practices; ability to effectively and enthusiastically represent the athletic department within and outside of the Sycamore community, with alumni, and in the NIAAA, OHSAA, SWDAB, and other regional and national athletic and higher education forums.
- Experience in and enthusiasm for institutional development and enhancement efforts (or related activities); ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Knowledge of principles of athletics administration, budgeting and personnel management, OHSAA rules and regulations, and Title IX compliance.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Experience in forecasting, developing, and adhering to comprehensive budgets including the ability to create oversight controls in regards to all athletic fiscal aspects.
To be considered a candidate, you must possess the appropriate valid Ohio licensure. Previous experience as athletic director is preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package within the administrative salary range.
The administration has established a thorough and engaged selection process. Deadline for applications is March 6, 2019. Tentative appointment date is April 17, 2019. Position to formally begin July 1, 2019.
Apply Online Only - Attach all documents to be considered to this online application.