Substitute Bus Paraprofessional
Transportation paraprofessionals support students while riding on the bus to school. This substitute position is available for 2019-2020 school year and will support preschool students. This position has an AM and PM Shift, applicants can apply one or both shifts.
Monday - Friday;
AM Shift = 8:00 am - 9:00 am
PM Shift = 3:40 pm - 4:40 pm
- High school diploma or GED
- CPR and safety training preferred but not required
- Ability to work with students in a firm but positive manner
- Ability to intervene in student conflicts
- Ability to problem solve in a quick, decisive manner
- Ability to interact appropriately with adults and students
- Ability to be punctual in reporting to work and for assigned duties
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Monitor student behavior on the bus and report any issues to the appropriate staff
- Intervene with student behavior as necessary and appropriate
- Help loading students into the bus including locking wheelchairs in place and fastening seatbelts or shoulder harnesses
- Assist in unloading the bus and assisting students into the school building
- Escort students from bus to residence
The rate of pay for this position is $13.00/hour. No other benefits are available to this part-time position.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.