Follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
-Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
-Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
-Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
-Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
MAJOR RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
1. Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
2. Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
3. Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
4. Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
Maintenance and Repair
5. Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs.
6. Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff.
7. Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures and ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
8. Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to principal.
9. Move furniture or equipment within building as directed by principal.
10. Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
11. Assist with opening and closing building each school day.
12. Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
13. Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy.
14. Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
15. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
16. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
17. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Buffer, stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, hand tools, shampooer, lawn mower, edger, and weed eater.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials.