Academia Antonia Alonso Charter School is immediately seeking high energy, visionary, and dynamic Spanish Immersion Elementary Teachers for the 2020-2021 school year.
The focus of Academia's Charter is to foster and nurture joyful, bilingual, bi-literate, and multicultural children. The ideal applicant believes that all students are capable of high academic achievement regardless of socio-economic status and is open to challenging themselves in an innovative learning environment.
Academia Antonia Alonso is Two-Way Immersion Dual Language Program in which balanced numbers of native English speakers and native Spanish speakers are integrated for instruction so that both groups of students serve in the role of language model and language learner at different times.
The Elementary Spanish Immersion Teacher will teach Spanish Language Arts, Math and Science. He/She will team with an English Partner Teacher as part of the two-way immersion dual languagee program. The English Partner will teach English Language Arts, Writing, and Social Studies. The Spanish Immersion Teacher will be expected to collaborate with the English Immersion Teacher. Both will have the opportunity to receive training in best practices for Second Language Learners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement curricula to meet the Common Core Standards in Spanish Language Arts,Mathematics and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Plan daily academic, differentiated lessons and implement specific strategies to meet the language acquistion needs of all students.
- Assess documents and prepares reports such as achievement progress, grades, classroom performance, and attendance.
- Participate in student development and achievement related conferences with parents, students, teachers, counselors and administrators.
- Use technology to create personalized and blended learning experiences.
- Create a positive achievement-oriented learning environment following responsive classroom approach.
- Participate in curriculum development, grade level activities, and school-wide functions
- Collaborate with others in weekly meetings including grade level team members, instructional coaches and administration
- Attend professional learning sessions and/or required conferences.
- Assume other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree
- Must hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Initial or Continuing License
- Must hold or be eligible for certification in Elementary (K-6) and World Language (K-12), Spanish K-12 or Bilingual Teacher (K-12)
- ACTFL Oral proficiency of "Advanced Mid" in Spanish
- Successful completion of Praxis II exam
- Previous teaching experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent