Speech Therapist - ISC
Job | Posted 2 years ago
SPEECH AND HEARING THERAPIST
1. Proper certification as required by the Mississippi Educator Licensure Department.
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Special Services Director
JOB GOAL: To help reduce or eliminate speech and hearing impediments that interfere with the individual student's ability to derive full benefits from the educational programs offered by the District.
1. Serve as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement.
2. Provide a therapeutic program to meet individual needs of speech and disabled students.
3. Assist and guide teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
4. Provide a thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, hearing, and language impairments.
5. Provide screening to identify speech disabled children at regular intervals and at specified levels.
6. Assist in proper referrals of individuals to specialists and/or agencies.
7. Provide appropriate individualized program of therapy to meet individual students needs and correct existing speech or language disabilities.
8. Collaborate with classroom teachers to implement therapy by suggestions for the students daily activities.
9. Provide information, support, and counseling to parents.
10. Maintain thorough on going records for the individual students receiving therapy.
11. Maintain lists of referred, screened, and eligible students, as well as a directory of outside agencies, consultants, specialists, and related services.
12. Assume primary responsibility for requisitioning and maintaining needed equipment and supplies.
13. Perform such other duties as assigned by the appropriate authority.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
McComb School District
PO Box 868 , McComb, MS 39649
At the following locations
District Wide / ISC
695 Minnesota Ave PO Box 868, McComb, MS 39648
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,093
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.14
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 429