Park Rapids Area Schools
Independent School District No. 309
Park Rapids, MN 56470
POSITION TITLE: CUSTODIAN SUBSTITUTE
POSITION PURPOSE: To perform the cleaning, maintenance and duties required to provide an attractive, comfortable, efficient and safe environment for students, staff and general public.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED.
LICENSE NEEDS: None-except where required – CPO/pool and boiler license
- Stand 90% of the day, lift 70 pounds unassisted.
- Experience with vacuum cleaners of various types, carpet extractors, sweepers, floor scrubbers-both manual and riding, burnishers, cleaning chemicals and disinfectants are desired.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Facilities Supervisor
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Vacuum, sweep, dust, disinfect, wipe down and scrub all appropriate surfaces, including windows in classrooms, bathrooms and other assigned areas.
- Maintain clean and unobstructed entryways, hallways and sidewalks during shift.
- Shampoo all carpeted surfaces, deep clean and wax all tiled surfaces, using appropriate tools, machinery and chemicals.
- Examine the district’s facilities on a regular basis, monitoring for maintenance, repair and safety needs. Perform building and premise repairs. Communicate repair and safety issues to building principal and/or custodial engineer.
- Responsible for safe condition of the swimming pool, making water tests, cleaning filters and refilling the pool as necessary, but only when applicable licensure allows the assignment of these duties.
- Prepare & monitor building premises for various activities and events occurring in the building. Assist participants with resolving their issues and needs.
- Assist with monitoring boiler pressures and temperatures daily when applicable licensure allows this assignment.
- Assist with maintenance and cleaning of boiler when applicable licensure allows this assignment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all district records as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
PAY EQUITY EVALUATION DATE: 3/21/06
JOB DESCRIPTION FIRST READING BY BOARD DATE: 5/1/06
JOB DESCRIPTION SECOND READING BY BOARD DATE: 5/15/06
APPROVED BY BOARD DATE: 5/15/06
PAY EQUITY POINTS ASSIGNED: 105