Substitute School Nurse
Job | Posted 5 months ago
Please note the "Application Requirements" section at the bottom of the posting.
|Supervisor:||Ms. Glory Gill, Coordinator of Health Services|
|Employment Period:||10 months|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides emergency medical care through screening and consultation for students, staff, and faculty, assessing the extent of injury and/or illness and recommending additional treatment/referral.
- Provides routine medical care for students, staff, and faculty, such as administering medication as prescribed by physician and permitted by parent/guardian.
- Coordinates procedures for sending an ill/injured student home or to medical treatment facilities.
- Creates and implements healthcare plans on students with special healthcare needs.
- Conducts routine screening as required by Virginia regulations, including referrals and follow-up.
- Serves as a health resource person to school and community.
- Processes necessary paperwork and assists with medicals and medical information required for child study and eligibility meetings.
- Serves on specialized committees as needed.
- Promotes wellness through publications, presentations, and visits to classrooms.
- Serves as an integral part of the school action team.
- Communicates with students, staff, faculty, other medical resource persons, and parents/guardians to share information and to determine appropriate actions.
- Utilizes equipment and professional knowledge for assessments and interventions; utilizes general office equipment and computers to record assessments and interventions, and prepare and present medical information and materials.
- Administers all treatments prescribed by the student?s physician within the guidelines of the Virginia Nurse Practice Act (such as catheterization, glucose testing, tube feeding, suctioning, and care of colostomy).
- Attends child study/eligibility team meetings upon request.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Requires a Virginia Registered Nurse License.
- Certification in cardiac pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. The following information is required to be considered for the position:
- Feedback on reference forms from all persons listed as references (minimum of two)
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2300Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
Hampton City Schools
1 Franklin Street , Hampton, VA 23669
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801