Generalist Teacher with Special Education Duties
Job | Posted a month ago
Alaska Type A Initial, Professional or Master teacher certificate required; Must possess thorough knowledge of educational process and student assessment; Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills; Must be proficient in technology to include productivity and workstation software (databases, spreadsheets, and word processing).Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains competency in areas of certification and assignment.
- Employs appropriate diagnostic methods, to identify student proficiency levels, and to subsequently plan short and long range programs designed to accommodate those identified needs.
- Establishes a physical, emotional, and intellectual climate conducive to the teaching and learning process.
- Manages time, space and resources for the achievement of desired objectives.
- Employs a variety of methods and materials, which will motivate the student to learn and seek additional learning experiences.
- Provides leadership in the establishment of a positive relationship between student and teacher, and student and student.
- Selects, develop and employ appropriate evaluation techniques to assess student progress and instructional effectiveness.
- Uses appropriate methods to assist students to accept and practice standards of good decorum.
- Strives for harmonious and cooperative relationships with staff, parents, and community.
- Performs required reporting and record keeping functions.
- Searches for and perform in the roles of advising, supervising and sponsoring as the need arises and talents permit.
- Develops means of involving parents and students in the classroom environment.
- Recognizes the difficulties of operating rural schools and to demonstrate the ability to deal with emergencies or situations in which mechanical systems are inoperative and supplies are not readily available.
- Develops awareness of local culture and to provide instruction that is culturally apropriate.
- Promotes positive public relations for the school district.
Site AdministratorApplication Procedure:
Apply online using the Alaska Teacher Placement (AppliTrack) system.Additional Resources:
Salary placement is based on columns (college credits obtained) and steps (number of years of experience). Health insurance is provided (monthly premium co-payment is deducted). Furnished housing is provided (monthly rent payment is deducted; roommate sharing may be required). A travel benefit between Anchorage, AK and the specific location is provided. This position is covered by the Teacher's Negotiated Agreement, which is posted on the district website in the Human Resources department under the Employment Documents section. https://www.swrsd.org/Page/122
Southwest Region School District
District Office P.O. Box 90, Dillingham, AK 99576
At the following locations
Clark's Point School
29 Sagayak Ave PO Box 29, Clark's Point, AK 99569
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,209
% ELL Students
State Average: 11%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.91
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 314