Posted 3 months ago
Lakeland Christian School Job Description
Classification: Transportation Staff
Schedule: Part Time As Needed
Reports to: CFO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Description: Responsible for transporting students and teachers to and from school related events while maintaining a safe environment.
1. Be a born-again believer who demonstrates commitment to Christian education
2. Be in agreement with the Lakeland Christian School Statement of Faith and staff qualifications
3. High School Diploma or equivalent
4. Must be at least 21 years of age
5. 1 + years’ experience driving a school bus (training provided for the right candidate)
6. Current, valid state of Florida Class A or B commercial Driver’s License required with airbrake knowledge test; and P (passenger) and S (school bus) endorsements required. Drivers must also pass the CDL
Physical exam each calendar year7. No Type A Violations in the past five years
8. No more than three Type B Violations in the past three years
9. No more than two at-fault accidents the past three years
10. Must be reliable
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold and ensure compliance of all LCS policies and procedures.
- Transport students for school activities in accordance with the schools vehicle safety program in required time schedules.
- Assist in promoting the safety, health, and comfort of students while on bus.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Assist students with getting on and off the bus when required.
- Observe and report safety hazards and bus maintenance or repair needs to the Facilities Manager.
- In addition, other duties that may be required as directed by Facilities Manager.
- Knowledge of the Florida Motor Vehicle Code as applied to the operation of vehicles used in the transport of school children.
- Knowledge of safe driving practices.
- Ability to read and write at a level necessary to successfully perform the required duties
- Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions.
- Ability to drive a school bus safely and efficiently.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and extreme caution while driving.
- Must maintain valid certification
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with others
1. Continuous use of hands, fingers, and wrists repetitively.
2. Using both hands and legs simultaneously.
3. Repeated stooping, bending, and kneeling.
4. Occasional pushing, pulling, and maintaining balance.
5. Reaching over head.
6. Rapid mental/muscular coordination.
7. Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner.
8. Accurate depth perception.