Homebound Special Education Teacher
Posted 2 years ago
NORTH WEST HENDRICKS SCHOOL CORPORATION
SPECIAL EDUCATION HOMEBOUND TEACHER (5 hrs. monthly)
- Provides direct and indirect services to assigned special education students according to their IEPs.
1. May serve as Teacher of Record or Teacher of Service in accordance with the District’s Special Education Procedures Manual and Article 7.
2. Participates in case conference committee meetings as students’ teacher to assist in developing measurable goals, benchmarks, and objectives to meet student needs.
3. Regularly monitor the implementation of the student’s IEP and provide progress reports to the student’s parent.
4. Ensures students’ IEPs are available to the appropriate teachers and service providers who are responsible for implementation of the IEP.
5. Informs each teacher and provider of his/her specific responsibilities related to implementing a student’s IEP as appropriate.
6. Ensures all supplementary aids, services, program modifications and supports for school personnel are provided in accordance with each student’s IEP.
7. Serves as a consultant and resource person to all other personnel providing services to students with IEPs.
8. Ensures any accommodations on statewide or district assessments are implemented according to the student’s IEP.
9. Participates in reevaluations of the student.
10. When serving as Teacher of Records, ensures the case conference committee is informed of any modifications made to the student’s IEP in accordance with 511 IAC 7-42-9(e)(2) and 511 IAC 7-42-9(g).
11. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the superintendent or his or her designee may assign.
- Valid IN Teaching License in Special Education
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.