Information Technology Technician
POSITION: Twelve (12) month HOURLY WAGE: Starting at $20.69
The staff member in this position performs a full range of basic technical work to end users on a variety of hardware, software and/or network issues.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- One (1) year of experience in information technology (IT) operations support or another IT-related support area.
- iPad and Mac OS experience a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following identifies the primary and essential functions of the assignment and is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all duties.
- Provides a variety of user support services;
- Provides help desk and/or problem determination services to users by responding to calls, email and personnel requests for technical support;
- Assists users by determining and/or troubleshooting problems with network, hardware and software;
- Elevates more complex problems to higher level information systems staff;
- Uses hardware and/or software aids and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot network;
- Installs and configures local and network printers, scanners and other peripherals;
- Assists users with problems in utilizing software applications specifically regarding word processing, spreadsheets and other office productivity software;
- Acts as liaison between users, information systems support staff and vendors;
- Provides user support training;
- Maintains materials such as manuals, user guides and training materials;
- Performs, coordinates or assists in purchasing, acquisition, installation, placement, storage, maintenance, inventory and distribution processes of information systems equipment and software products;
- Maintains service logs and/or on-line trouble logs, inventories of computer and/or voice equipment and diagrams;
- Performs related duties as required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The following identifies the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are essential for the PLTW Teacher (this is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all duties).
- Knowledge of functioning and use of information systems and technology;
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to perform in an environment meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Knowledge of IT equipment;
- Knowledge of help desk management tools and utilities;
- Knowledge of computer operations;
- Knowledge of data control functions specific to job stream maintenance and documentation;
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Technical problem solving skills;
- Logic and analytical skills;
- Ability to install and maintain hardware, software and basic network components;
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot simple operational and data communications problems;
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, logs and reports;
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
Individuals appointed to these assignments must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the assignment.
This job assignment falls under the direction of the Manager of Enterprise Systems and Support or IT Project Coordinator
Apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/rlas/onlineapp/default.aspx