The Accounting Specialist provides support for department functions with specific responsibility for a complex variety of assigned accounting functions, including but not limited to: administering A/P process, assists in the application of the various grants and school construction project, reviewing business office records, data entry using the school finance software, purchasing office supplies, accurate processing of authorized invoices, recording, updating and reconciling related financial information, and providing instructions and / or accounting support to other personnel. This position performs a variety of clerical and accounting duties in support of the School.
- Processes accounts payable and purchase orders.
- Assist the Finance Manager with various school grants and school construction projects.
- Review and process requisitions and ensures the timely approval into purchase order.
- Contact vendors for payments or contact sub-contractors for invoicing.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Prepares payment checks and enters appropriate record information.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Review financial statements for accuracy.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Utilizes the appropriate reports/tracking modules within the accounting software
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Confirms all procurement processes are being followed before processing requisitions.
- Updates fixed asset / stewardship listing at least quarterly.
- Maintains and updates fixed asset /stewardship system when changes are received.
1. Education - Associate's degree or higher.
2. Experience - One year experience in business or public administration.
3. First Aid/CPR Certified.
4. Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive background check.
5. Valid Arizona Driver's License.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $11.55 to $20.59
*Please note this appointment is temporary and will continue based on the availability of funding*
***CRIMINAL HISTORY DISCLOSURE AFFIDAVIT MUST BE PRINTED, NOTORIZED, AND UPLOADED IN THE ONLINE APPICATION - FORM AVAILABLE HERE IN ATTACHMENTS ---->