Hearing Impaired Teacher
TO APPLY: https://harrisonburg.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx
TITLE: PART-TIME - TEACHER FOR HEARING IMPAIRED
Provide diagnosis and remediation for students with hearing problems.
1. Hold the Collegiate Professional license with an endorsement in hearing impairment NK-12. (A Master=s degree preferred.)
2. Competency in administering and interpreting tests for hearing impairment.
3. Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive education program appropriate to the instructional needs of the hearing impaired student.
4. Working knowledge of group amplification systems.
5. Have demonstrated qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education and Principals
1. Implement screening and/or referral procedures to identify students needing hearing evaluation.
2. Obtain diagnostic information through formalized testing.
3. Gather information from teachers and parents to assist in assessing specific student problems.
4. Develop long-range goals for student's individualized education program (IEP).
5. Develop short-term goals for student's individualized education program (IEP).
6. Schedule and group students according to the nature and severity of their disorders.
7. Implement therapy activities in a logical sequence.
8. Confer with parents and teachers of students enrolled in therapy.
9. Maintain ongoing records of student's performance in order to evaluate student's progress in therapy.
10. Conduct annual review and update short-term objectives.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education and the Principals.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 10-Month Contract
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with school board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of licensed personnel.
Qualification: Required License(s): (All listed items are required to qualify for this position.) Career Switcher Collegiate Professional Post-Graduate Professional Applied for License Eligible for License Additional/Optional License(s): (All listed items are optional and not required to qualify for this position.) Required Endorsement(s): (All listed items are required to qualify for this position.) Additional/Optional Endorsement(s):