Teacher (Kindergarten) *Up to $2500 sign-bonus
The Teacher creates a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; establishes effective rapport with students; motivates students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; and establishes good relationships with parents, community and other staff members.
This position requires minimum Bachelor’s degree and six months to one year related experience, valid Arizona Teacher Certification, Early Childhood Endorsement required for grades Preschool to Kindergarten, ability to successfully complete National criminal background check, and valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card. Experience with Native American School Systems preferred.
1. Prepares lesson plans in advance in all core areas of the curricula reflecting AZ college and career readiness standards.
2. Identifies clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
3. Maintains good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their health and safety.
4. Assesses students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
5. Supports the diverse educational and cultural backgrounds of the students served.
6. Teaches planned lessons to an entire class of students or to smaller groups.
7. Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
1. Education - Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Experience - One year of student teaching and/or approved internship.
3. Arizona Teaching Certification with grade level endorsement.
4. First Aid/CPR Certified.
5. Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive background check.
6. Valid Arizona Driver's License.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $41,351 to $58,219
***CRIMINAL HISTORY DISCLOSURE AFFIDAVIT MUST BE PRINTED, NOTORIZED, AND UPLOADED IN THE ONLINE APPICATION - FORM AVAILABLE HERE IN ATTACHMENTS ---->