JobID 1820 : Sport Performance Coach (#1285846)
Position: Sports Performance Coach
Position Type: Salaried ($45,634 annual) / Exempt
Position Hours: Full-time; Monday – Friday
Length of Term/Employment: 190 workdays / At-will
Reports To: Campus Principal, Lead Performance Coach
Position Mission: The Sports Performance Coach will effectively integrate the methodology associated with the Jubilee Academies General Physical Preparedness Curriculum.
Minimum Qualifications / Experiences:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Movement Science (sports performance coach), Physical Education (P.E. teacher) or related fields.
- Must possess a CSCS certification from the National Strength and Conditioning Association or complete the exam within the first year of hire. Certification through the International Youth Conditioning Association (YFS1-2) is also acceptable.
- Experience in competitive high school or college athletics and the ability to articulate to students the benefits of sports performance training preferred.
- Experience working with K-12th grade student athletes preferred.
- Strong candidates will have prior experience working in the strength and conditioning industry.
Job Responsibilities: (Coaching responsibilities include teaching K-12th grade students the proper progressions of movement mechanics, such as acceleration, multi-direction, and maximum velocity, to increase students’ physical literacy and overall athletic ability. This is a unique opportunity for persons trained in sports performance and/or strength and conditioning, including a strong background in exercise science, to be a part of an innovative educational model that implements movement training as part of the daily physical education curriculum. The leaders of Jubilee Academies strongly believe the collaboration of sports performance coaches and physical education teachers creates an ideal learning environment for students to develop increased levels of physical literacy and overall athleticism.)
- Train Jubilee Academies students during the school day, as detailed in the General Physical Preparedness Curriculum.
- Work closely and collaborate with a coaching team made up of sports performance coaches and certified physical education teachers and other school staff to deliver a well-rounded state-of-the-art curriculum.
- Continually update knowledge of GPP methodology and training tactics for the proper Jubilee Academies student population.
- Serve as the campus content expert for the instruction of performance-related curriculum matter woven into the athletic curriculum.
- Properly assess each student within the confines of the skills and applied activities of each lesson, along with the Jubilee Academies Physical Preparedness Testing protocols.
- Utilize effective cues and techniques to improve Jubilee Academies student’s athletic ability.
- Become adept in facilitating group dynamics among mixed ages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Most Important Contributions:
- Instilling the joy of physical activity in Jubilee Academies students.
- Concurrently working to develop each student’s physical literacy and overall athletic ability.
- Incorporating character development through student’s athletic successes and failures by teaching students the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Having a firm understanding of movement mechanics as it relates to acceleration, multi-direction (agility), maximum velocity, and strength development.
School Involvement Expectations:
- Become an integral part of the school culture at Jubilee Academies and assume the role of campus exercise science expert.
- Support the classroom teacher’s goals for individuals and groups of students.
- Attend staff meetings, In-service meetings, and other meetings as applicable to position.
- Be available to answer questions, assist with skills, and encourage students to develop ideas outside of and in addition to classroom teaching time.
- Work with sports coaches to develop individual and team drills and exercises.
- All coaches must be physically able to execute the activities that make up the Jubilee Academies Athletic Curriculum.
Charter & Community Responsibilities:
- Convey the charter’s mission to the public and encourage support in accomplishing the mission.
- Illustrate understanding of Charter and community needs and begin activities to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate use of productive and efficient skills to raise community and parent involvement.
- Actively participate in student recruitment efforts.
- Encourage a constructive, thoughtful climate for learning.
- Promote fairness of students and staff from all cultural backgrounds.
- Communicate with students and staff in an effective manner that promotes and sustains the Jubilee culture.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent and prolonged standing.
- Stooping, bending, pulling and pushing required.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.