Preschool Special Education Instructional Assistants
At the present time, vacancies exist for P/T Preschool Special Education Instructional Assistants within the Division of Student Services of the CCIU. The current openings are at Gordon Early Literacy Center, Octorara Elementary and TCHS- Pennock's Bridge in West Grove.
- High school diploma required
- Associates degree or higher or completion of two (2) years of post-secondary education or 48 credit hours from an accredited college or university preferred
- Willingness to work with preschool special education students required
- Current police, child abuse & FBI fingerprint clearances
- Clearance as an MA provider by the Commonwealth of PA and federal government (conducted by CCIU upon hire)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in the implementation of basic skills
- Performing duties as directed by the teacher
- Duties may include 1:1 instruction and small group instruction
- Toileting and other basic care
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, stand, and walk
- Some assignments may involve the physical restraint of students and should only be undertaken after training and under the direct supervision of a professional employee
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Certain assignments require lifting or positioning of students with physical disabilities. The weight and ability of students requiring assistance may vary greatly.
7.5 hours a day; Monday- Thursday; The preschool calendar is year round, with 2-3 week break in June and again in August. Program runs in July.
- 0-5 yrs experience=$13.64- $13.83
- 6-10 yrs experience= $14.02-$14.42
- 11-20 yrs experience= $14.62- $17.04
- 21-29 yrs experience= $17.37- $20.46
- * Bachelors degree is equivalent to 9 yrs experience on the scale= $14.20
- *Master's degree is equivalent to 15 yrs experience on the scale = $15.53
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.