PC & Network Support Technician (and Apple)
The Springfield City School District is seeking PC & Apple Network Support Technicians. The basic function of the employees in this position is to work under the direction of the Director of Technology and Information Services to promote and support the use of Technology at the District level. The persons in these positions are responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting technology/networking equipment and software, including both Mac and PC platforms. They are also responsible for assisting and providing user support to staff district wide.
The successful candidate must possess:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Five (5) years experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting MAC and PC platform hardware software and peripheral devices
- Experience in the installation, use, and troubleshooting of a variety of applications
- Network+ Certification or comparable five (5) years experience working directly with Cisco brand networking hardware including call manager, Unity and switching/routing hardware/software
Physical requirements include:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds using a one (1) person lift, pivot with the weight and transport up to 20 feet. Lifts are normally conducted up to three (3) times per day, but can range as high as 20 times per day.
- Bending at hips and knees on a frequent basis over a seven hour period
- Kneeling with one or both legs on a frequent basis over a seven hour period
- Reaching while pushing or pulling on a frequent basis over a seven hour period
- Standing and walking on uneven, soft and hard surfaces on a frequent basis over a seven hour period
- Fine motor skills required to use pincher grasp and type
- Gross motor skills required to climb and balance on items such as ladders and stairs
According to our negotiated agreement, technicians work 260 days per year.
Starting wage is $17.78 per hour ($36,982) in accordance with the SEUSS negotiated agreement with increases based on experience and additional stipends (see below) for stated certifications/education.
Annual Certification/education stipends:
|Network+ Certification||starting at $2,956.00 annually|
|CISCO Certified Network Administrator||starting at $3,842.00 annually|
|APPLE Certification||starting at $3,842.00 annually|
|Associates Degree in Information Technology or related degree||starting at $4,138.00 annually|
Salary details are available online at
(SEUSS agreement) https://www.scsdoh.org/cms/lib/OH02215834/Centricity/Domain/2212/SEUSS%20Final%20Contract%202017-2020.pdf
Benefit information available online at https://www.scsdoh.org/cms/lib/OH02215834/Centricity/Domain/2212/Benefits%202018.pdf