Substitute Cook (4 Hours Per Day)
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 1019.02-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: SUBSTITUTE COOK
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Preferred background in institution food service
3. Demonstrated aptitude, competence or training for the assigned responsibilities.
4. Must successfully complete the state training curriculum before becoming permanently employed.
5. Must be available to work at any school site.
REPORTS TO: Cafeteria Manager; Assistant School Nutrition Director; School Nutrition Director
JOB GOAL: To assist in the implementation of assigned school meal program.
1. Performing duties for food preparation as required by Cafeteria Manager.
2. Maintains Sanitation standard for school nutrition area.
3. Maintains required forms and records as assigned by manager.
4. Maintains positive work habits
5. Performs duties involved in the safe preparation and handling of food, cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities.
6. Willingness to work in any situation and maintain a positive attitude with co-workers, school staff and most importantly with students/parents.
7. Maintaining and/or upgrading all skills; use of equipment, multi-tasking and safety procedures..
8. Other duties as assigned to assure a high quality lunch program..
1. Push, pull, carry and lift large and heavy items up to 40 pounds.
2. Ability to bend, twist, reach, stoop and climb.
3. Stand for long periods of time and perform physical labor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be determined by the Superintendent based on the number of contract days and appropriate board-approved salary schedule.
Adopted: January 23, 2013
Revised: October 30, 2014