School Nurse- Certified
LEAP Academy University Charter School is seeking a Certified Registered School Nurse. The school nurse strengthens and facilitates the educational process by modifying or removing health related barriers within individual students and by promoting an optimal level of wellness for students and staff. The nurse assumes responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management and/or referral activities. The nurse serves as a direct link between The School’s Chief Medical Officer, the School District, students and their families for health care issues. The nurse provides relevant instruction, counseling and guidance; upholding professional standards, the Nurse Practice Act, and applicable state and local statutes for school nursing practice; and adheres to district policies and administrative guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assesses and provides immediate care to ill and/or injured students and staff medications and/or nursing procedures to individual students based on written physician orders for that student, written consent from a parent/guardian, and in compliance with state statutes and board policy;
- Establishes, maintains and evaluates a comprehensive school health program in collaboration with the school physician, administrators, and the school board, and is in compliance with state statute and board policy;
- Provides written reports as required to the district and county/state agencies;
- Collects and records information about the health and developmental status of the student in a systematic and continuous manner. This information is to include but is not limited to: immunization data and health screenings as mandated by state statute and board policy.
- High passion and drive in providing exceptional service to LEAP student, parents, and staff;
- Proven exceptional communications skills; approach, delivery, and relationship building;
- High flexibility and open-mindedness towards role and duties; “whatever it takes” mentality;
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing; Registered Licensure in the State of New Jersey;
- State of Jersey School Nurse Certification Required;
- Required experience in working in urban neighborhoods
How to Apply
All interested candidates should apply directly through the LEAP University Academy Charter School website in the “Work at LEAP” section: http://www.leapacademycharter.org/work-at-leap/