Autism (ASD) Teacher
Must hold a certificate issued by Minnesota Department of Education.
The certificate must be in one of the following types: Early Childhood Education Birth- Gr. 3, Elem K- 6 + Prekindergarten specialty, Special Ed Early Childhood Birth- Age 6, Special Ed Emotional Behavioral Disorders K- 12, Special Ed Learning Disabilities K- 12, Special Ed Physical and Health Disabilities PreK- 12.
The certificate position area must be in one of the following areas: Autism, Deaf-Blind, Early Intervention Specialist, Educational Diagnostician, Emotional Behavior Disabilities, Hearing Impairment, Intellectual Disabilities, Learning Disabilities, Mild/Moderate Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Severe/Profound Disabilities, Special Education (General), Traumatic Brain Injury, Visual Impairment.
The certificate must be in one of the following grades: Infants/Toddlers, Preschool/Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th.
The certificate status must be active or about to graduate from a state-approved teacher preparation program.
Autism (ASD) Teacher
FTE & Position: 1.0 FTE
Start Date: As soon as possible
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Mid-State Education District is located in Little Falls, a beautiful central Minnesota community. Little Falls is a busy community with small-town charm and has numerous opportunities for outdoor activities as well as several places to visit, shop, and dine. Enjoy fishing, hunting, & camping as well as the arts, culture & local entertainment. These activities, and more, can be found in our community and surrounding areas where approximately 10,000 people enjoy living and working.
Mid-State Education District is excited to announce the opening of a brand new Special Education Facility, opening in August 2019, and are currently seeking additional special education professionals to join our team. The new facility will serve the unique needs of our students with Emotional Behavioral Disorders (EBD), Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Developmental Cognitive Disabilities (DCD), and vocational/work based learning.
Mid-State Education District believes in serving our students and districts with compassion and integrity; partnering with our member districts to provide innovative solutions; adapting to meet the needs of students and staff; efficiently using our resources to serve; and inspiring students and adults to learn and grow. We provide high quality staff development, recognize the value of team work, and offer leadership opportunities throughout the district.
- Minnesota ASD licensure required.
- Minimum of three years of successful ASD teaching or related experience.
- Background knowledge and developed skill in ASD assessment tools, intervention planning, behavior plan development, progress monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead professional development for staff.
- Collaborates in developing, reviews, and analyzes implementation plans and interventions as part of a problem-solving team.
- Provides analysis and interpretation of information and data in oral and written reports.
- May attend IEP meetings to assist in ongoing review of strategies for students.
- May participate in assessments and collaborate with IEP team members.
- Conducts trainings for educational staff, parents, and community agencies.
- Facilitates a committee of coaches in an effort to collaborate, network, and disseminate information on best practices related to Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Serves on the Early Intervention Team, Assistive Technology Committee, and other committees as appropriate.
Mid-State Education District complies with all state and federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or disability. This holds true for all district employment and opportunities.