JobID 1215 : MTSS Coordinator - 3 positions available (#1266769)
Reports to: Project Director for the School Climate Transformation Grant ("SCTG"), with dotted lines to the Buildings Co-Principals and the Special Education Director.
SCTG Program Description: School Climate Transformation Grant funds will "develop, enhance, or expand systems of support for, and technical assistance to, local education agencies and schools implementing an evidence-based, multi-tiered behavioral framework for improving behavioral outcomes and learning conditions for all students." (U.S. Dept of Education, 2019).
- Three positions, one at each school.
- 11-month position.
- Immediate start date desired.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Broad understand of the MTSS/RTI structure as it relates to school reform.
- Experience in the development and implementation of the Multi-Tiered System of Support ("MTSS") framework.
- Knowledge of best practice when supporting English language and diverse learners within the MTSS framework.
- Knowledge of evidence-based best practices, appropriate research-based interventions and assessment procedures.
- Experience in coaching, planning, and leading professional development for district staff.
- Graduate degree in social work, education or counseling.
- Exceptional communications skills both oral and written.
- Experience working with community partners.
- Spanish speaking candidate preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Coordinator leads the school team to accomplish the SCTG goals and objectives while also guiding the development and implementation of MTSS models and frameworks.
- Implements the MTSS model of tired intervention processes and procedures across the school community, in collaboration with shool leadership and SCTG Project Director.
- Designs MTSS/RTI professional development for school staff that aligns with school needs and grant outcomes, in collaboration with school leadership and CTG Project Director.
- Collaborate with other Coordinators to ensure MTSS alignment across schools.
- Monitors the MTSS process to ensure compliance to District procedures and SCTG requirements.
Training and Coaching
- Provides technical assistance to school-based administrators and MTSS/PBIS leadership teams to facilitate the implementation of a Multi-Tired System of Supports (MTSS) at the school level. Technical assistance activities include walkthroughs, feedback, modeling and other supportive assistance necessary to implement a Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- Trains school teams on processes for universal screening that can be used to identify students who need additional support.
- Increases the capacity of school teams to use the MTSS framework in making data-based decisions about instructional core and tiered content, to accelerate and maximize student academic and behavioral outcomes.
Data Gathering and Support Grant Reporting
- Ensures that MTSS processes, timelines and plans are implemented with fidelity and meet grant reporting requirements, in collaboration with school leadership and SCTG Project Director.
- Collects data (academic and behavioral) on struggling students to ensure the development of appropriate intervention strategies.
Annual salary ranging from $65,000 - $75,000 plus health and retirement benefits provided.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively with employees of the District.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in either written, diagram or oral form.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects or controls, and reaching with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a grant-funded position paid for by the Federally-funded School Climate Transformation Grant.