(2) Head Start Preschool Teacher- Gordon Early Literacy Center
Job | Posted a year ago
Vacancies for Preschool Teachers exist within the Head Start Program in the Division of Student Services of the Chester County Intermediate Unit. The positions will be located at the Gordon Early Literacy Center in Coatesville.
- BA or BS degree in early childhood education or in a field related to early childhood education with preschool experience
- Special Education and Early Childhood experience preferred
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Current (within one year) police, child abuse and FBI Fingerprint clearances required
- Clearance as an MA provider by the Commonwealth of PA and federal government (conducted by CCIU upon hire)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement Head Start Performance Standards in the classroom.
- Implement a six hour day for a maximum of twenty 3 - 5 year old students for 189 days per year
- Design lesson plans including individualized goals for students.
- All lessons and activities must be aligned with state standards and based upon the Creative Curriculum for Preschool.
- Conduct screenings and assessments in accordance with Performance Standards.
- All screenings that require follow-up must be communicated to supervisor and Family Service Worker following established guidelines.
- Conduct two parent-teacher conferences per year. Utilize student assessments to inform parents of their child’s growth and development.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and family information, adhering to CCIU standards.
- $20.16 (0-1 years exp); $21.67 (8-10 years exp) to $25.20 (29-31 years exp) - 190 days, 7.5 hours per day
- Monday- Friday 8:00am- 3:30pm
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.
Chester County Intermediate Unit
455 Boot Road , Downingtown, PA 19355
At the following locations
Gordon Early Literacy Center
351 Kersey St , Coatesville, PA 19320
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,365
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.21
% IEP Students
State Average: 18%
State Average: 302