JobID 2215 : Paraprofessional - EL (#1260715)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completion of two years of study (48 credits) at an institution of higher education or Associates Degree or higher;
- Experience with children and adolescents in an educational setting;
- Must have ability to instruct students in mathematics, reading, science, social studies, art, and/or related subjects;
- Some assignments include assisting students with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities;
- Must be able to physically manage students, kneel, sit on floor, lift up to 40 pounds, and provide personal care;
- Must possess knowledge of educational and instructional techniques;
- Knowledge of child and adolescent behavior and developmental patterns, and knowledge of and ability to use data processing, media and audio-visual equipment;
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision, adapt to the classroom environment, complete record keeping and clerical skills, complete instructional assignments, maintain classroom decorum and discipline, complete oral and written reports, and establish and maintain effective relationships with students, teachers, specialists, administrators and parents.
Specific Core Function:Paraprofessionals are assigned throughout the Manchester School District, from pre-school to high school levels, including pre-vocational and vocational levels. The majority of assignments include assisting students with disabilities and assisting in self-care of students. Some Paraprofessionals are assigned to work in vocational settings. The nature of the work requires that the employee establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and other employees.
Responsibilities of the Position (Typical Tasks):
- Under general supervision, assists school teachers, program coordinators, and specialists in completing instructional and clerical duties and assignments involving students with mental, emotional, or multiple handicaps.
- Performs technical and/or service requirements requiring limited supervision.
- Performs instructional assignments with minimum supervision in comprehension and reinforcement skills, emotional, physical, developmental, language, reading, math, and related skills.
- Assists in preparing and developing basic teaching materials, instructional aids, and other support materials.
- Assists students individually or in groups with lesson assignments.
- Assists in giving, scoring, and interpreting tests.
- Operates and performs basic maintenance requirements for audio-visual, multi media, reproduction and duplicating and data processing equipment.
- Attends meetings and training sessions.
- Assists in completing minor first aid responsibilities.
- Assists students to and from transportation sources and during recess, playground, lunch, and other school periods. Assists students to and from para-podium, wheelchairs, and related devices.
- Assists students with personal hygiene, sanitary, and toiletry functions and needs.
- Assists with the student’s individual educational plan both in Special Education programs and regular educational settings.
- Assists in completing vocational assessment observations.
- Assists in implementing school rules and regulations.
- Monitors lunchrooms, play and recess areas and other activities under the supervision of a teacher, specialist, or coordinator.
- Reports incidents of violation of rules of discipline and standards of conduct within the schools.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The Manchester School District uses the Applicant Tracking on-line application process. Please visit our website at www.mansd.org; under Quick Links select Employment Opportunities. Upload resume, cover letter, transcripts, and 3 signed letters of reference written within 1 year of application.
Manchester Sau 37 Ffice
195 McGregor Street, Suite #201, Manchester, NH 03102
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,146 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.35
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 104